It is a great feeling to find someone whom you can call your boyfriend or girlfriend. There is no other feeling which can replace what you feel when you find the right one. The process of finding someone who is right for you can be a little challenging, it is not that easy. A lot of times you like a person without even talking to them, maybe based on how they look or the things they do. You might know their passion or the activities they indulge in, but is that enough to determine that your crush is really the one for you?
I know it can be overwhelming when you see your crush around, and it can be intimidating to act normal in front of them. If you think you are alone in the race, then do not worry because there are a lot of people struggling the same way as you are. “What if” a question that stops a lot of you, and it is evident that “fear of rejection” can stop you from doing things which you would have otherwise, right? But, the thing is you will never know if you never try. This is the reason I insist you to open up in front of your crush and let them know what you feel. To help you have a meaningful conversation with your crush, I have accumulated a few questions to ask your crush that can make the conversation easy.
Now, this was one set of group; but for the other set that can see signs of the other person liking them, but are unsure of it, don’t worry. You too are not alone. If you want to know that your crush likes you then you have to put in a little more efforts. Apart from using these conversation starters with your crush that will be listed below, you can look for positivity body language. Focus on how they behave when they are talking to you, do they look at you in a certain way? Do they socialize with you quite often? Do they hang around even when there is no active conversation between the both of you? Do they look directly into your eyes while having a conversation? These are a few body languages you can pay attention to but, the best way to know what is going on their mind is by asking them directly. So, without wasting any more time, let’s have a look at the things to ask your crush.
15 good conversation starters with your crush: icebreaking
If you are nervous about talking to someone for the first time, then don’t worry because we have all been there. In life, you will come across strangers many a time; some will surely be worth talking. Suppose you met someone at the bar or maybe in a long-distance flight. You might have exchanged numbers with this someone, but now the hardest part arrives. How to start the conversation? You will have to learn how to be great at small talks.
Breaking the ice on messages can be a little difficult as you are not talking face-to-face with the person. The best way to do this is to ask them meaningful questions, this can put them into thinking and they will automatically start talking about themselves. The key is to make the other person talk more about themselves. The more they talk about their personal life experiences, the more they will be comfortable around you. So, are you ready to break the ice with the conversation starters with crush given below?
- If you had to bring it down to one achievement that you are most proud of, what will that be?
- Are you into reading books? Which is the last book that made an impression on you?
- What are you watching currently? Can you relate to the characters of this show? If yes, then which character?
- What was the reason behind your break-up? (Ask this only when you are sure that they had a break-up)
- I know it is a little cheesy, but what according to you is the perfect idea for a date?
- When you first started talking to me (or first saw me), what was your impression of me?
- If you had the chance to be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? (To get the conversation going, you can further discuss about the place and why they like it the most.)
- If you had the chance to take a day off and do all the things you like, what would be the first thing you would choose to do? (Or, how would you spend the day?)
- Tell me an incident from your childhood that you still remember clearly, probably an embarrassing or naughtiest one.
- What is that one thing you would do differently from the past if you had the chance to?
- Do you like animals? Are you cat person or dog?
- How would you describe your childhood? (To make the conversation more interesting, ask them to describe a few childhood incidents.)
- If your crush is into TV shows then ask them their all-time favorite TV show character. And, if they are more into reading books then replace TV show with fictional.
- Do you prefer going out on the weekends or are you the kind who likes staying in?
I was thinking of watching a movie this weekend, do you have any suggestions?
18 deep questions to ask your crush: getting closer to each other
If you have come across a person who has awakened feelings of affection and admiration in you, then it is time you start with meaningful and deep questions to ask your crush to know more about them. Now that you have already finished the small talk, you should jump into deep meaningful questions.
These good conversation starters with your crush will allow you to know the values and beliefs that your crush holds and will deepen the relationship you share with them. It is better if you stay away from political questions as it can take a heavy toll on you if things went wrong. The best way is to ask questions about their life, goals, ambitions, and principles and values they closely relate to.
- Do you remember the last time someone appreciated you or you felt loved?
- If you had to describe the ups and downs you have experienced in life in the last five years, what would you start with?
- What according to you is the main reason why people feel lonely?
- People crave for meaningful relationships and human connection but then why is that the only thing lacking in the world?
- Every person has a true supporter or an admirer, in your case who is that person?
- I don’t know what your favorite color is; can you describe it to me without taking the name of the color?
- Do you think your family and their mentality have changed over the years?
- When was the last time you felt like there is nothing called faith? OR, when was the last time you felt like faith was a real thing?
- Which is your favorite city in this country and how do you find it different from where you stay now?
- Have you ever betrayed someone in a relationship? If you don’t mind, will you like to share the reasons with me?
- Do you like spending more time with your partner in a relationship and have them around all the time or do you enjoy your own space as well?
- What according to you is the worst way to spend money?
- I am sure you have your sad phases too, so how do you rejuvenate yourself at such times?
- Tell me more about your life goals, how do you want your life to be in the coming years?
- Name one song that you will never get tired of listening. (If it is a band, then ask them why they like the band so much.)
- How would you describe yourself? Are you selectively social or an outgoing person?
- Everyone has a weird fetish and they like weird things about a person, what is that one thing for you?
- Do you think people should believe in Karma or is it just another irrational belief?
9 Flirty questions to ask your crush: almost there
Flirting is the best way you can attract your crush’s interest or even a stranger’s interest. I mean, what is the worst that can happen when you are flirting with a person you barely know? They will not like you back? How can that be scary? A person who has no idea about your existence does not like you back, is it the biggest personal attack you have come across? I am not quite sure, what are they rejecting exactly?
You do not have to feel scared when you approach your crush or a stranger just because you are afraid of rejection. If you think that your crush has been dropping hints lately, there are higher chances that even he/she is nervous to come up to you and initiate a conversation. It is time you make the first move, maybe with a light-hearted, flirty conversation. When you flirt with a person you like, it can be a little nerve-racking but trust me, you will enjoy the process thoroughly. It will also help in determining if their sense of humor matches yours or if they are just sitting there laughing and not contributing at all. Below are a few questions to ask a crush that can help you get started if you are confused how to start on your own.
- What are the qualities you look for in a guy/girl?
- How do you manage to stay so attractive all the time?
- I saw you playing (their favorite sport/instrument) the other day, how are you so good at it?
- Name three things that can instantly turn you on when you are on a date.
- What is the naughtiest thing that a person has asked you?
- How would you describe your perfect kiss?
- Name the most romantic thing that someone has ever done for you.
- What according to you is my best feature?
Last but not the least, can I take you out for a cup of coffee?
12 questions to ask your crush over text: romantic countdown
Now that you are sure that your crush likes you back and you have successfully drawn their attention towards you, it is time to take things to the next level. With the help of the deep and meaningful questions to ask your crush over text which was listed above, you have a fair idea about their personality, their likes and dislikes, and the values they believe in. If you think that there is a spark between you guys and you want something meaningful out of this relationship, then you should let the other person know about your feelings. And, if you think it is too early to have this conversation then start with dropping subtle hints.
Given below are a few questions to ask your crush which will spark the romance between you both:
- Whenever you see me or think about me, which song comes to your mind?
- Who according to you is that one person who knows you like nobody else?
- What are the things that remind you of me the most?
- Is there any other way in which I can make you feel more special?
- Tell me one thing you hate the most about me and you would like to change about me.
- What is that one thing that I will have to do to make sure that you stay in my life forever?
- If you ever came across a situation where you have to deal with long-distance relationship, will you be able to fight it out?
- What was your first impression of me when we met for the first time?
- Name three things that will make you fall head over heels for a person.
- Describe how your ideal relationship would be like.
- Are you dominating in a relationship or you are the adjusting type?
- If you could trade your life with me for a day, what is the first thing that you would do?
It does not matter if you are transitioning from being friends to being couples or you came across a stranger on a dating app, these questions to ask your crush will definitely get things going. It is always better to start the conversation rather than waiting for opportunities and ventures to present themselves. The only way to make sure that the other person is having a good time is to carefully listen to what they are saying and then asking them relevant questions. At times when you don’t know where the conversation is heading, just listen. Now that you have top 54 questions to ask your crush over text, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make the first move.